Oily skin causes a lot of people headaches when they cannot seem to find the right regimen. However, we have good news! The article below explains many different things you can try if you want to get your oily skin under control. A good skincare routine is key in aging gracefully and protecting your skin from the environment. Learn more below!
We all know that people have different types of skin. Some are dry, some are oily, while others were born with the perfect skin condition. Those who have oily skin often experience acne breakouts and blemishes because the extra oil that their skin produces often end up clogging their pores along with dirt and other particles. Whats more, that extra sheen in the afternoon can also be a source of embarrassment but not when you practice proper skin care to minimize the overabundance of oil on your skin. If you are wondering what skin care regimen to try to help reduce acne breakouts, here are a few tips to try.
- Cleanse. If you have oily skin, it is important that you cleanse your skin. However, it might be tricky to wash away any excess oil without stripping the natural oils of your skin not unless you find the right cleanser to use. Beauty experts recommend that you look for a cleanser that is specifically designed for oily skin so that you will be able to clean your skin while still retaining its natural oils. After you have washed your hands, gently massage the cleanser onto your skin using a sponge then rinse after. Pat your skin dry.
- Shea butter and tea tree oil. This combination certainly works for those with oily skin as the tea tree oil helps clear up any skin blemishes that you have while keeping it moisturized with the aid of shea butter. Try using a moisturizer that contains these two and you will see how soft and glowing your skin is minus that excess oil you are so worried about.
- Tone your skin. Another trick that you can use to tame your oily skin is to use a toner. Of course, it is imperative that you look for a toner that is designed for oily skin so that you will not strip your skin of its natural oils. You can apply toner with the help of a misting spray or cotton pad whichever you prefer.
- Use makeup remover. If you often wear makeup, make sure that your nighttime skin care routine includes removing any traces of makeup before you go to bed. This will help prevent acne breakouts from occurring and will not make your oily skin worse too.
- Masks can help. Applying nighttime facial masks for oily skin is another trick that you can use to help minimize the oiliness of your skin. Facial masks for oily skin not only reduce oil production but they will also help maintain moisture so that your skin will remain soft and smooth. These masks can be applied using your hands or a brush. Leave it on for three to five minutes before rinsing.
- Exfoliate. Oily skin needs to be exfoliated at least once every week to help get rid of dead skin cells that can clog your pores. You can make your own exfoliating mask or use those that are already pre-made to help revive your dull looking skin. Make sure that you dont scrub your skin too hard when exfoliating so as not to aggravate your skins condition.
- Serum or lotion. Adding lotion or serum to your oily skin may sound weird but it is necessary to deliver nutrients to your skin. Its just a matter of finding which one works best for your skin. Moisturizing lotions are perfect for everyday use while the serum is suitable if you want to moisturize your skin on a cellular level.
These are just a few examples of skin care regimen that you can do to help maintain clear skin even when your skin is oily. With these practices, you will be able to keep acne breakouts at bay for long periods of time.