Charlotte Hot Stone Massage
The luxurious hot stone massage incorporates the use of aromatherapy and smooth, heated basalt stones. The hot stones are places on the body while the massage therapist works on other parts of the body. The heat provides relaxation to tightened muscles by warming them up so the therapist can work more deeply and quickly on them for maximum relief.
Before a hot stone massage, the massage therapist will sanitize the stones and heat them in a bath of about 120 to 150 degree water. The smooth stones are typically made of basalt, a black volcanic rock that has the ability to absorb and retain heat well. As the stones are placed on the body and they cool, the therapist will replace it with another. Various shapes and sizes of stones are used depending on which muscles are being treated.
Sometimes during the hot stone massage, the therapist may also leave the hot stones in specific points on the spine, the palms of your hands, on your stomach, or even between your toes. This is to improve the flow of energy in your body and provide an energetic charge.
There are many benefits to hot stone massage therapy, including:
- Provides relief of pain that is associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions
- Decreases muscle spasms and chronic pain
- Reduces stress and tension
- Increases flexibility in your joints, resulting in better mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension caused by strained or contracted muscles
Call Jon ‘Ric Medical Spa and Wellness Center today to make a hot stone massage therapy session and get ready to feel the tension melt away.