Dry skin can be quite the burden if not taken care of the proper ways. Unfortunately, many skin care products that claim to provide optimal results can come with a hefty price tag. Here are some home care tips that will provide you some of the best natural remedies for your dry skin without hurting your wallet or exposing your skin to harsh chemicals.
- Drink a lot of water. You should drink a minimum of 8 glasses per day to stay hydrated and prevent your skin from being dehydrated and unhealthy.
- Use baby lotion. It may sound strange but baby lotion won’t contain any of the chemicals that most adult lotions will have that may actually make your skin drier.
- Avoid washing your face with hot and soapy water, as hot water reduces your skin’s natural oils. Use lukewarm water to clean your skin, and follow the washing with a moisturizer.
- Rub sesame oil on dry patches and cracks in your skin after a warm shower.
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of caffeine and alcohol, since this can worsen your dry skin condition.
- Maintain a diet that is rich in Vitamins A, B, and E which will help provide your body with the nutrients that help promote dry skin.
- Honey is a wonderful way to treat dry skin. Dry, cracked skin can be fixed by putting honey on them for about a half hour before washing it off. The same can also be done with olive oil, coconut oil and peanut butter.
- Aloe vera is not just for sunburns. Apply aloe vera pulp for 10 to 20 minutes on your dry skin to treat it. Works best on facial dry skin.
- Use an air humidifier in your home or room to put moisture into your dry surroundings.
- Avoid soaps with strong chemicals, and switch to natural, organic soaps without harsh ingredients.
At Jon ‘Ric Med Spa, we offer ZO Skin Products, which provide therapeutic treatments for daily skincare routines and skin damage prevention. Using cutting-edge science, these treatment are only available through selected authorized physicians so you, the patient, can experience safe and effective results and have continuously healthy skin no matter what age you are or what skin type you have.
Whether you want to take years off your appearance or need a relaxing get away from a stressful day, Jon ‘Ric Med Spa & Wellness Center offers state of the art Laser and spa treatments. Our medical spa has highly skilled and a professional licensed team. We take pride in offering the best results. We are dedicated t o serving the needs of our clients. Dr. Matt Jones, MD is a General Surgeon that spent 15 months studying Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at UNC-Chapel Hill. Dr. Jones has committed his practice and his career to fulfilling this niche. Visit us today at https://jonriccharlottemedicalspa.com/ to get started on looking better, feeling better and being better.